Section 1. Introduction
We at BER Directory respect your right to privacy and comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003. The purpose of this Website Privacy Statement is to outline how we deal with any personal data you provide to us while visiting this website. Naturally, if you are not happy with this Website Privacy Statement you should not use this website.
By visiting this website, you are accepting the terms of this Website Privacy Statement. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy statements of these other websites.
Section 2. Types of Information Collected
We retain two types of information:
This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and includes information such as your name, address, sex, email address, occupation. While information such as name and email address is mandatory (we need it to provide you with the service), the rest is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us.
Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses (where they have been clipped or anonymised), browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your
IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United Kingdom. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
Section 3. Purposes for which we hold your Information
We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
(a) to contact you in relation to Web site listing;
(b) to provide you with information regarding Listing updates or changess;
(c) to respond to any queries you submit to us;
(d) where you have consented to the sharing of your information with third parties, we will do so in accordance with Section 4 below;
(e) to seek your views on our site and our services;
(f) to send you newsletters or other forms of communication in relation to site services and products;
(g) to send you messages or data to your mobile phone where you have provided us with mobile phone details and requested such information.
Section 4. Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We may provide Non-Personal Data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our website. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our website, the demographic breakdown of our community users of our website, or the activities that visitors to our website engage in while on our website. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services (including website tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties.
We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required to fulfill a service you have requested (in such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements). Any third party we disclose the information to will use it for the purposes of delivering the service in question unless you have agreed otherwise.
We will disclose your Personal Data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
Section 5. Sale of Business
We reserve the right to transfer information (including your Personal Data) to a third party in the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, receivership or transfer of all or substantially all of the assets of our company provided that the third party agrees to adhere to the terms of the Website Privacy Statement and provided that the third party only uses your Personal Data for the purposes that you provided it to us. You will be notified in the event of any such transfer and you will be afforded an opportunity to opt-out.
Section 6. Security
Your Personal Data is held on secure servers hosted by our Internet Service Provider. The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your Personal Data.
Section 7. Updating, Verifying and Deleting Personal Data
You may inform us of any changes in your Personal Data, and in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly. To find out what Personal Data we hold on you or to have your Personal Data updated, amended or removed from our database, please email [privacy@ BER Directory.ie]. Any such data subject requests may be subject to the prescribed fee.
Any changes to this Website Privacy Statement will be posted on this website so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. If at any time we decide to use Personal Data in a manner significantly different from that stated in this Website Privacy Statement, or otherwise disclosed to you at the time it was collected, we will notify you by email, and you will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in the new manner.
• By viewing BER Directory.ie, (co.uk), (.com), (.net) each user is deemed to agree to all terms and conditions of use set out below.
• All material contained in and published on BER Directory.ie by BER Directory is intended informational use the user.
• The content of this site is protected by copyright pursuant to Irish and European Union copyright laws, international conventions. The user is prohibited from modifying, publishing, transmitting, selling, participating in the transfer or sale or reproducing, creating derivative works from, distributing, performing, displaying or in any way exploiting any of the materials on this site or the software or materials relating thereto in whole or in part.
• The user may download or copy material for personal use only.
• Written permission is required for links to the site - apart from to the homepage.
• All trademarks on this site such as BER Directory.ie, may not be used without written permission.
• BER Directory.ie excludes takes no responsibility for the quality, accuracy or timeliness of the material on BER Directory.ie and will not be liable for any claims, penalties, loss, damages or expenses arising from the use or the inability to use material on BER Directory.ie, or from any unauthorised access or alteration of this content.
• BER Directory.ie makes no guarantee that the contents of the BER Directory.ie website is compatible with all computer systems and browsers.
• The user accepts that after leaving the website, BER Directory.ie is not responsible in any way for any material that you encounter and we exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability that may arise with respect to or as a result of such material causing any damage, costs, injury or financial loss of any kind.
• BER Directory.ie reserve the right to amend the terms of this agreement. It is your responsibility to refer to and comply with these terms on accessing BER Directory.ie.